Its Saturday morning and I've been up with the kids since about 8. They woke up earlier but we've managed to get them in the habit of chilling in their room for a while in the morning at the weekends. Plus its nice for all of us to not have to rush out anywhere so nice to make the most of it.
Hubby is taking them out this morning. Have given him a list of things to buy/do. I might have a bath when he's gone. Or watch TV or write in my blog (although technically that's what I'm doing now). As well as writing this, or rather in between writing it - and listening to crying kids downstairs (getting them ready to go out is not going so well for hubby it seems) I'm organising my Twitter lists. I have recently added a load of new people (mostly ppl I have been #FF'd with or people who have followed me - only polite to follow them back) but I am kind of anal and I don't like to not have them in a category. So I am using Twitlistmanager to find all my UNcategorized twitterers and adding them to a New Followers (actually it should probably be new followees) list so that once that's done I can go through that list (you can't see uncategorized list on Twitter) and add them to the relevant list.
Great. Have just found out from hubby that he thinks daughter is too poorly and tired to go out with him. Great. Just great. Not that I mind chill time with my girlie but was actually quite looking to a bit of child-free time.
Got him to change a big pooey nappy she's just done to make up for him not taking her out too. So nurr!!!
Right, am back. Put girl child to bed with milk (with anti-biotics mixed in - she STILL won't take that stuff off me although our lovely childminder number 2 - who I have to say I absolutely adore and will be so sad when she has her baby - only kidding. I can't wait to see her little baby but I love her having Lala - I always know she's so well looked after and entertained and happy - er... what was I saying? Oh yes, childminder gets her to take her yucky yellow medicine no problem! Just not sure what I'm doing wrong).
Back to sorting out my Twitter Lists. These are the ones I've set up:
- Uncategorized (was called New Followers but as per my comments above, that didn't really make sense)
- Favourite People (I previously called this Top Bloggers but changed that as some of them may not actually be bloggers. This is where I will put people I have made a connection with)
- People I'm following (this was called Bloggers - as most of the people I'm following are mummy-type bloggers)
- Friends - for people I actually know personally
- Celebs (obvious really)
- Blokes (just added this one - for those bloke bloggers or tweeters for when I fancy reading something not by a woman)
- Organisation (for shops, organisations and people who do nothing but tweet about stuff they're selling - am keeping them as a) I may be interested when I need something b) its only polite to follow back Twitterers that are following me but I don't need this in my main newsfeed tbh)
- Uninteresting - now, don't get me wrong. I love all you lovely people but while I don't want to be rude and unfollow you, some people only seem to tweet about offers or competitions or clubbing or stuff like that which I'm not really interested in - sorry :( )
- Oh and another new one I've created - Working Mums. I might create another one called Mummy Bloggers and put all my mummy bloggers in there. Obviously (do you love how I like to state the obvious)
Manicmum4: thank you for sharing your journey with me (not just me obviously - with the world). I'm not done yet. I still have 140 posts to read until I'm up to the present day and (darn you) you keep writing more!!! haha. Just kidding. Honestly, I feel humbled.
Must go as hubby wants to do his brewing stuff.